Saturday, March 7, 2009

Home Remodel Day One


Well here we go. I think that we have lost our minds. When we moved into this house the one thing that I hated the most was the dining room! It was all 1970 wood paneling. I can't think of anything that I hate more then this!!! So we painted it and went about or life. Now two years later we are taking it down and redoing the kitchen and dining room. I know what you are thinking this sounds like great fun and it is.

The plans are to drywall the dining room and ceiling. Add can lights and a fan to the dining room and kitchen. That brick wall that you see is not going to be there in about two days. That wall will be open to the kitchen. I am sanding and staining the kitchen cabinets a dark mahogany stain. Jade is putting natural bamboo flooring in both rooms and I am repainting everything a fun new color. Jade is also pouring concrete counter tops. I am going to try to do daily up dates so check back for all the fun that is going on at The Land of Brant's Crazy Remodel!


Addison helping hammer in the nails. It was so cute to watch her try to help. She was working so hard.


And now something that is totally not related. It was so nice out 65 and sunny for the last part of the day. Macy and the other girls were playing outside. She came up to me and asked " Mommy, do you think that it would be okay to play in the sprinklers? Could you set it up?" I love my baby that thinks 65 in hot enough to play in the sprinklers!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Very Quirky Girl said...

It doesn't even look like the same room! Good job tearing it down.