Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just a little OCD!!!

Today I had a lot of running to get done. The bank, the other bank, grocery shopping, get diapers from target, reserve a copy of Breaking Dawn at books-a-million, get Kate and Sydney's birthday gifts for fridays party, clean the house, go to the library, take care of the girls and etc........ But during all of this I had to stop and laugh at my sweet Addie. The last few times that we have been to the store I have noticed that she wants to be in the cart. Well at the age of one and a half something must be wrong. So today I stopped and payed better attention to why she wanted to get in the cart. Here is what I learned.... My little OCD baby will not step on any cracks. She sees the tile in the store and starts to freak out! I have to say it is funny to watch until she gets so stressed out she wants to cry. All day at the book store, Target, library and the bank she would be okay on the carpet areas until she came to the tiles with the lines. Jade and I have all ways joked that she was a little OCD because she loves things in there right places and will spend all day cleaning up toys and wiping things down with baby wipes. What can I say hopefully she will grow out of this but if not she just won't have a shopping addiction like the other two.

2 comments:

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

I think she gets it from me. I love your girls, they are exactly how little girls should be!

Shawnee said...

That is too cute. Do you think she's heard the nursery chant, "step on a crack, break your momma's back" -- my little one wouldn't step on a crack for weeks once she'd heard that one!